Okay, so I am going to be around more. My sleep schedule isn't "fixed" but it's getting better and hopefully will continue to improve. Unfortunately, I just kind of had to nuke a lot of my comments/replies for being old, so I'm sorry to all those dropped threads of conversation. It happens.
Secondly, I don't think I mentioned this, but someone gifted me Premium Membership again! I wonder if it's the same person as last time, who knows. Whoever you are, thank you. I appreciate it, but beyond that it really is a nice reminder of the kindness of strangers.
Thirdly, why I hate the season 2 finale:
Idiot plot. This entire plot revolved around every last character acting like an oblivious tool. Presumable Cadence is related to Celestia in some way, so y'know, you'd think
she'd notice that her niece/cousin/whatever did a personality 180, has a different magical aura, and y'know, probably hasn't done her signature spell in quite a while. No pony noticed anything, and the one who did became the biggest idiot of them all. Twilight's actions were extremely cliche, including the big "J'accuse" moment that was guaranteed to fall flat. She didn't have a leg to stand on! Yes this is a kid's show, but most of the plots are a little more intelligent. Not to mention Twilight became even more of an idiot in that she apparently forgot how magic worked. I mean, christ, okay, so we haven't seen any scrying spells. I can kinda buy maybe she wouldn't think to use one on Cadence. But then when she got trapped in the crystal place. "Let me just blast my horn really hard". I mean... no other spells? You had to rely on Cadence throwing a bouquet in order to get out? And then the whole f-ing "shield only Shining Armor can make". I'm sorry, last I checked Twilight was the, y'know, element of magic, and canonized most powerful unicorn Celestia has ever seen? One who has seen to 1) pick up spells really friggin fast and 2) learn spells from other unicorns? Oh and speaking of Celestia! I feel bad for the poor girl. Yes yes, Shining Armor's love powered the changeling queen. It's not like Celestia is a god-being with all the energy of the sun at her disposal, the love of a thousand subjects, her sister, and a pupil who has basically run to hell and back for her, to combat this queen. Nope not at all. Oh, and by the way, Cadence? Yeah, worst special talent ever. "I create a magic bandaid over complex emotional troubles, with implied mind rape. Yay everypony loves me". Go jump in a pit. Also, yes I'm bugged that someone on the MLP team doesn't understand the concept of "superfluous detail". Creating a canonized Luna? Great, we got a new character with all the attention other loved characters get. Canonized back story for Equestria? Excellent, that expands the world and gives us framework for fics, while at the same time just being interesting. Canonized Derpy? Well, okay, a little iffy, but hey, they did it for the fans! Canonized Vinyl Scratch eye color? Now a bunch of people get to be wrong and those who were right get... oh wait! Nothing! It's like all that did was either nothing or made your day worse! Great! Oh, and finally, I get Celestia wanted to involve all Twilight's friends. But you know there are these things called professionals
? It just felt kinda dumb that somepony who legitimately could not understand what a formal party was was put in charge of the decorations. Yes real Cadence was apparently all happy go lucky, but really, this was a wedding. That was just a minor irritation though.
Good things about the episode:
- Changelings were pretty cool
- Dash confirmed to do sonic rainbooms in her sleep
- Twilight technically part of royal family. Ruins some ships but cool anyway
Bad things about the episode:
- Everything about Cadence
- Twilight lost 40 IQ points
- Twilight was marginalized poorly (I get you want to talk about "the power of love" but how about something more applicable to six year olds, like the love family shares?)
- Everyone else acting like an idiot
- Luna basically shoved in there (Appearances were superfluous, tacked on, we got weird off-screen dialogue I guess to prove she was there)
- Vinyl Scratch -200% cooler
- Shining Armor confirmed for more magic than the Element of Magic
Oh yeah, I also got tagged [link]
. I like doing these things.
1. You must post these rules
2. Each person must post 11 things about themselves in their journal.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and create eleven new questions for the people you tag to answer.
4. You have to choose 8 people to tag and post their icons on your journal.
5. Go to their page and tell them you have tagged him/her.
6. No tag backs.
7. No stuff in the tagging section about "you are tagged if you are reading this." You legitimately have to tag 8 people.
1. Favorite Fanfic
Right now I'm really hoping "Composure" updates, it's the most beautiful one I've read. "Off the Edge of the Map" is a strong contender as well, it's hard to choose.
2. Least favorite season of the year
Season 2? No, actually, it's probably summer. Winter I can snuggle up if I'm cold, Spring is invigorating, and Fall is perfect for walks and fuzzy sweaters. If you don't have AC and money to spend on AC, summer blows.
3. Best TV series ever
4. Worst Game Made
Oh god. Probably monopoly. No one has fun it's just a bad idea.
5. Where you have always wanted to visit
London. I've got family around and it sounds interesting
6. favorite color
Oscillates between blue and purple, usually purple.
7. Yes or no
Yes. Oh wait, I was supposed to subvert that wasn't I?
8. Best Pony
Blue-eyed Vinyl Scratch straddling Octavia
9. Worst Pony
10. Do you want to be a pony
If we're talking like in Equestria, yes. Don't judge me; Equestria has magic, gods, and a canonized afterlife. I'll go anywhere where death doesn't mean oblivion. The rest is just gravy.
11. ^^ That was a stupid question, everyone wants to be a pony, Don't they?
Ah but how many invoke feelings of mortality?
1. Name some headcanon you're sure no one else shares
2. Least favorite of the mane six
3. Favorite episode
4. Do you look at R34?
5. Favorite song from the show
6. Favorite background pony (< 5 speaking lines or so)
7. Name a ship you can't stand
8. You can spend 1 day with a pony, and will never see them again. Who do you choose?
9. Off of question 8, what do you do with this day?
10. List as many pony-related blogs you follow as you can. If you don't follow any, just sit there and feel bad about yourself
11. You are allowed to make one thing canon. Just one idea, a single sentence. What do you choose?
I'm pretty sure I tagged some of these peeps last time but I only remember so many names